April 28 - 29, 2017
Meet Director Rob Murray welcomes Connecticut, New York, Massachusetts and Rhode Island coaches and their teams to the 37th O'Grady Relays, scheduled for 5:30pm- 8pm on Friday April 28 and Saturday April 29, 2017 at the Danbury High School Stadium. The O'Grady Relays are in honor of the former boys’ track and field coach, the late Dan O’Grady. A CIAC Border sanction has been obtained for this meet. The meet is also open to coaches and their middle school age athletes competing with their middle school team for Sprint Medley Relay, Long Jump and 800m events.
The meet will be held at the Danbury High School Stadium that includes an 8-lane Mondo track with 3 horizontal jumping and two pole vault pits, as well as a Steeplechase water pit. All throwing events are held on the adjacent fields with new throwing circles for Shot Put and Discus. The Javelin event uses a grass runway.
Full Automatic Timing, live results and meet results provided by Paynes Corner Timing, Owner Thom Jacobs.
Entry Procedures and Limits
- EZ Meet Services administers all meet registration in conjunction with NSAF Head Count Event registration. There are no late entries or day of meet entries.
- Athletes can compete in two (2) events on Friday and any two (2) events on Saturday. Note that there are separate Head Count entry forms for Friday and Saturday events. Participation by an athlete in the exhibition 8x100 Coed Relay does not count towards an athlete's two event maximum for Saturday.
- Maximum of three (3) entries per school for each individual event.
- Only one (1) relay team entry per school for each relay event.
* All Field Relay events consist of three (3) persons.
* The 300m Hurdle and 2000m Steeplechase Relays consist of three (3) persons.
* For the Field Event Relays, 300m Hurdle and 2000m Steeplechase Relays, although you are entering individuals and their performance marks in
Head Count, they will be scored as a relay team.
* The Coed 8x100m Relay is an Exhibition event and non-scoring. Coaches can signify on the Intent to Enter form that they will register athletes on
meet day. Participation in the event does not count towards an athlete's 2-event maximum.
* Coaches can scratch without penalty on meet day so as to condense size of heats.
- Online Event Entry for Boys and Girls available on 3/27/2017.
- Coaches interested in participating in the meet are required to complete an online Intent to Enter Form to confirm their participation by 9:00 pm on Friday, April 14, 2017. Note that there are separate Head Count entry forms for Friday and Saturday events.
- Deadline for Head Count event entry is 6:00 pm Eastern, Sunday, April 23, 2017.
- There are no late entries or day of meet entries.
- Entry fees are charged for entering the meet. You owe the entry fee as detailed below for all entries made online. There are NO refunds for scratches or no shows. All entries are due before a team or athlete will be allowed to participate.
Entry Fees - Checks
- Team entry fee is $250 per team or $400 for each school (Boys and Girls team). This covers both Friday and Saturday events for both relays and individual events.
- Make check payable to: Danbury High School – O’Grady Relays and mail to:
Chip Salvestrini, Athletic Director
43 Clapboard Ridge Road
Danbury, CT 06811
Coaches, please pay special attention to the following:
- Athletes are allowed to enter only two events on Friday and two events on Saturday. Note that there are separate Head Count entry forms for Friday and Saturday events.
- Participation by an athlete in the exhibition 8x100 Coed Relay does not count towards an athlete's 2-event maximum. Athletes are designated on meet day. In Head Count, coaches needing to enter a team for the event will only enter one athlete by selecting “Not Yet Known” instead of the name of an athlete.
- Friday events do not count toward Saturdays team scoring but awards will be distributed.
- To insure a fair and quality meet, CIAC state rules will govern all events.
- The meet is open to coaches and their high school athletes competing for their high school team from Connecticut, New York, Massachusetts and Rhode Island. The meet is also open to coaches and their middle school age athletes competing with their middle school team for the Sprint Medley Relay, Long Jump and 800m events.
- All implements must be checked in by an inspector prior to use in the meet. Violators will be disqualified for using implements that have not passed meet inspection.
- Coaches are required to supply Pole Vault certification forms prior to the meet.
The top three (3) finishers in each event will receive Gold, Silver or Bronze O’Grady medals.
An Athletic Trainer is on site during meet.
Meet Director: Rob Murray, Cell#: 203-731-7268, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Meet Admin Services
EZ Meet Services administers all meet registration in conjunction with NSAF Head Count Event registration. Email: email@example.com
- 1/4” Pyramid or XMAS Tree Spikes ONLY!
- A concession stand will be available.
- Meet T-shirts will be available for purchase.
Click Here for Order of Events